I wanted to share with you a bit of information about 3 people who have inspired me to be a better person and who’s quotes make me push myself harder, keep going and fuel my desire to continue helping other people.
Bob was once down and out in the 60’s He had dropped out of school and was unable to find anything more than dead-end jobs until he came across Napoleon Hill’s “Think and Grow Rich.” After following the information outlined in the book, he improved his standing in life and eventually his income topped the $1 Million mark. He has been conducting lectures based on the book with added inspiration from Earl Nightingale, his real life mentor, for more than 40 years. He wass the presenter of the book, “The Secret,” a book on The Law of Attraction. He is the author of 39 books including, “101 Ways to Improve Your Life,” “Be a Magnet to Money” and “You Were Born Rich.”
3 Top Favorite Quotes from Bob Proctor
- “The only limits in our life are those we impose on ourselves.”
- “Most people are not going after what they want. Even some of the most serious goal seekers and goal setters, they’re going after what they think they can get.”
- “Thoughts become things. If you see it in your mind, you will hold it in your hand.”
Hilary Hinton, “Zig” was born in 1926 and passed recently in 2012. He was a very accomplished motivational speaker who focused on corporate training and personal development. His program, “I CAN” is taught in more than 3,000 schools, and hundreds of businesses use his training and motivational materials. He was a top notch salesman earning one of the highest incomes in his field when he left to improve the lives of others by giving back his knowledge to help improve people’s personal and professional lives.
Mr. Ziglar has authored 26 books with titles such as, “Born To WIn – Find Your Success Code,” Raising Positive Kids in a Negative World,” and “Ziglar on Selling – the Ultimate Handbook for the Complete Sales Professional.”
3 Top Favorite Quotes from Zig Ziglar
- “What you get by achieving your goals is not as important as what you become by achieving your goals.”
- “Don’t be distracted by criticism. Remember, the only taste of success some people have is when they take a bite out of you.”
- “You don’t have to be great to start, but you have to start to be great.”
Don Miguel Ruiz was born into a family of healers. His mother was a healer and his grandfather was a shaman. He went to school to become a surgeon but after a near death experience, he started down the path of personal introspect. After studying the art of ancient ancestral wisdom he became an nagual, a teacher who guides an individual to personal freedom. His writings focus on ancient Toltec Wisdom. I have read two of his books and I am now on a third. They have been very instrumental in my life. He has written 8 books so far. My favorites are, “The Four Agreements – The Practical Guide to Personal Freedom,” “The Fifth Agreement – A Practical Guide to Self Mastery,” and “The Four Agreements Companion Book – Using the Four Agreements to Master The Dream of Your Life.”
3 Top Favorite Quotes by Don Miguel Ruiz:
- “When you are immune to the opinions and actions of others, you won’t be the victim of needless suffering.”
- “Find the courage to ask questions and to express what you really want. Communicate with others as clearly as you can to avoid misunderstandings, sadness and drama.”
- “Your best is going to change from moment to moment; it will be different when you are healthy as opposed to sick. Under any circumstance, simply do your best, and you will avoid self-judgment, self-abuse and regret.”
It was difficult to only choose 3 of each of their quotes that are favorites. I have so many more. There are a great number of inspirational authors and speakers out there. I could go on and on. The first two I just happened to have had the fortune of attending their seminars and lectures several times over a few years and their work has made a huge difference to who I am and the works of Don Miguel Ruiz have been my most recent influences. I am grateful to all 3 of these men.
Who has inspired you lately? What is your favorite quote that pushes you through your toughest times? Please leave a comment below.
Based on their teachings, I have started writing quotes of my own. If you’d like additional inspiration, click this link to read the list I compiled of my own 10 Quotes That Will Truly Inspire You ~ Missy Bell.