I wanted to do a brief recap of what I have been up to with this blog site. I reached 50 posts yesterday and I wanted to run down a brief description of my top 10 favorites, (including a few that have two parts.) I hope you’ll take a moment and find one that will resonate with you and spend a few minutes reading it. I promise, it could make a big difference in your life by bringing a smile to your face, reducing your stress, making you feel inspired, giving you new strategies or provide you with a new perspective that could make all the difference in your life or in many others ways. My goal with this site is to do a little bit of all of that for as many people as possible. Please feel free to share this as often as you’d like so I can serve my purpose of helping many.
I’ve been told that I have it easy in life. I’ve been told I have it all and I’m lucky to be so happy. Luck. That’s not the word I would use. I am happy because I choose to be and I put a great deal of effort behind it. I have not been immune to tragedies, disappointments and negative circumstances, tt’s all a matter of what I have chosen to do with my life; how I choose to see it and what I choose to feel and think about it. That is how I guess I make it look easy. It’s because it can be. All of it. Nothing needs to be so difficult. It takes work, all of it. So, as I learn by living my life the best way I know how, including falling and getting up and dusting myself off, I discover new ways of how to help myself and in turn, I share them with you here. After all, I feel we are on this earth to help each other get through it. All that being said, take my hand. I will lead you down a few of my paths of self discovery and what has come from them. Hopefully, you will find my posts of help to you in your life. If so, please “like” the ones you enjoyed and follow this page.
It was not easy to choose only 10 out of the 50 so please review the categories to see if there is something else that would be helpful to you. Follow this blog for future inspirations, tips and hints on how to increase your peace and happiness. (If you see a few that you are interested in reading, simply right click and open each one in a new tab so you can come back to the others.)
TOP 10 OF 50 – To Read, Click the Titles
- “The Affects of Stress and How to Begin Reducing It” and “Live By Your Own Rules – Stress Reduction Part 2,” is the first series I blogged about due to its importance to our health. With some of the most major results of stress being deadly, I felt it was important to start with this subject by helping you to gain a better understanding of stress, what causes it and how to reduce it. With this information we can begin our journey to a happier life with greater peace. I hope you will read these, if nothing else. It may honestly help you live longer.
- “United, Through the Sorrow, the Tears, the Humanity, the Trauma, the Healing – A September 11 Tribute,” takes you through a personal experience of September 11, 2001 and looks at how we, as a country are still dealing with our emotions from the tragedies of that day, more than 12 years ago. I was actually awakened out of a dead sleep in tears, pulled to write this piece. I am very proud of it.
- “22 Plus Years of Marriage – Our Secrets Revealed – Part 1,” and “22 Years of Marriage – Our Secrets Revealed – Part 2,” are actually in 2 parts due to the amount of important information. I put a great deal of work into this. I have been told that my husband and I are “lucky.” The truth is, luck had nothing to do with us being together for this long. It has taken a lot of work to make our relationship last and to get through the tough times. These tips are part of what made it possible. Every day we work at what we have so we can keep it. Are you willing to do what it takes? Read these two and find out. Perhaps you will find a few tips that will help your relationship and some that I missed that you are willing to share.
- “How Well Do You Know Yourself,” is a very personal piece that takes a look inside who I am and how I was labeling myself inaccurately. I let you in on the secrets of how I came to that realization. It will make you think about yourself, where you are in your life and whether or not the labels you are placing on yourself are even true and how to move past them so you can improve your own life.
- Of all the poems I have written over my lifetime, “Heart Versus Mind,” is one of my many favorites. It is the title of my poetry book that I have had published, “Heart Versus Mind: Words That Touch Your Heart by Missy Bell,” that is available at Amazon.com. It is about a battle that ensues between our heart and our mind when we feel that we are in love and cannot be with that person. If you love poetry, I highly recommend picking up a copy of my book.
- “Strategies to Stop Worrying.” I love this piece. If you find yourself consumed with worry, these strategies are amazing for helping you through it. It talks about how worrying affects your body and mind and gives you practical solutions for situations within our control as well as how to reduce anxiety over the things you cannot control. There are exercises included that help you evaluate what you are feeling and teach you how to change it.
- In, “A Simple Tip on How to Show Yourself Some Love,” I share with you a situation from my youth that helped change the way I look at things. This was my first introduction to affirmations, although I didn’t know it then. I composed a list of affirmations for you to print out to help you get started toward improving your self image. This idea had a great response from readers through comments on the blog as well as on my Facebook.
- “Overcoming Fear – Tips and Strategies Part 1 – Heart Versus Mind” and Overcoming Fear – Part 2 – Tips and Strategies are a two part series that includes amazing ways to let go, overcome and conquer fear of just about any kind. Fear can cripple us and stop us from doing things we would otherwise love. I talk about the different types of fear, where they come from and how to move past them. What is fear preventing you from accomplishing?
- “What Do You Mean, You Don’t Like Me.” assures you that, not everyone will like us. This post discusses why it is important to not let it bother you and gives you ways of looking at different situations so you are not as affected when you encounter a situation where you are butting heads with someone. It also discusses the importance of responding (or not,) instead of just reacting.
- “20 Ideas That Give You More Time in Your Day,” gives you just what the title suggests. Who couldn’t use more time in their day? These tips are perfect for finding more time and getting more done or to have more time for relaxing or perusing your dreams. What would you do with more time?
I am confident that you will find something in this lineup to help you increase your peace and happiness and reduce your stress. With now more than 50 posts to choose from, there is sure to be many that you will resonate with. I truly appreciate you stopping by, now, in the past and in the future. I hope you will like and share this site as there will be a lot more to come. You can also like me at my Facebook page, “Words That Touch Your Heart.” My other blog is called, “Where the Ghosts Live.” The Facebook for that site is “Where the Ghosts Live – The Haunted United States.”
8 thoughts on “Increase Happiness and Have More Peace in Your Life”
Definitely could do with some more peace in my life. Looking forward to reading all the posts you’ve shared.
I actually wrote something very similar to your #9 and titled it So You Think Everyone Likes You – so can’t wait to read your thoughts on that subject.
Have a great weekend.
DazeDiva, Please feel free to link your site to this comment and I’ll check it out. I think I can find you but, just in case others like the subject as well. Thank you for stopping by and checking them out. I appreciate it.
Nice to go back through your posts to see the favorites. I really like 20 ideas to give me more time. Time is a resource once spent we cannot obtain more
Thank you Linda. You are exactly right. I realized tonight that the more time you spend being out straight, the more time you realize what you are missing and what you would do if you have more time. Thank you for stopping by. I truly apprecaite it.
Clearly, you’re very passionate about what you’re doing as evidenced by this long recap post. Good for you, Missy. It is interesting how people who aren’t willing to work toward a goal call those who get there lucky. I hear you on this one. Nice to meet a fellow UBC participant.
Thank you Nanette. I am passionate about it. I’m struggling a little bit with trying to keep up with tow sites for this and another challenge. I feel like I’m not giving my 100% to both. I’ll catch up though. I really appreciate that you stopped by and for the compliment. It sounds like you can relate to working hard for something that you want. It was nice to meet you too. Hopefully our paths cross again. 🙂
It’s always great to reflect on how far we’ve come as we tend to spend so much time moving forward. Acknowledgement for progress is good! Great list of posts – well done on achieving 50 posts!
Thank you Tamsin! I was shocked when I saw the number myself. I started back in July I think, for a 30 day challenge then stopped for a while, only posting occasionally until this month’s challenge. When I wasn’t posting I felt like something was missing. Writing is a true passion. Thank you for stopping by.