I have been writing inspirational status’ on Facebook for several years now. These status’ are about what I am personally learning at any given time in my life and I word it in a non-specific way so that other people can benefit from what I am learning. Often times I write them just for me, as a reminder of where I need to focus my attention, as if it is advice to myself.
The fascinating part of doing this, and another reason I have continued for so long is because I received such a great response from my friends who happened to be struggling with something and my quote put into words what they were feeling or exactly what they needed to hear that day. I became addicted to helping others at a young age and so when I learned this was helping others, it was only natural for me to continue.
I went through some of them and gathered them together to share with you today. I will not stick with one subject though because, chances are, if I vary the topics, you may have a better chance of finding something that resonates with you.
Please keep in mind, these are my quotes. I did not take them from the internet or from someone famous. I wrote these. I would be flattered if you share them, but if you do, please be sure you put it in quotes and include my name at the end for credit.
- FEAR: “Identify one of your fears that is stopping you from doing something you want to do. Evaluate that fear and question whether or not it stems from your past and if it’s even a valid fear in your present. Your fear may be outdated and no longer serving its purpose in which case you need to eliminate it and move on to accomplish what you hope to accomplish.” ~ Missy Bell
- WORRY: “Worrying about something you have no control over and hasn’t happened yet is like trying to shovel the driveway before it snows!” ~ Missy Bell
- FACING LIFE’S CHALLENGES: “Challenges are placed before us so we may learn more about ourselves and to give us practice in learning how to overcome them in the future.” ~ Missy Bell
- MAKING A CHANGE: “It is so much more important to change how you think than to change how you look.” ~ Missy Bell
- TRUTH: “Want to know the truth? You already do. Whatever you believe to be true is your truth but not necessarily everyone else’s.” ~ Missy Bell
- PERCEPTION: “We experience disappointment, sorrow and a heavy heart in order to be able to appreciate joy, bliss and enlightenment. Without having felt the negative emotions, we would not be able to recognize or appreciate their opposites.” ~ Missy Bell
- SELF-ESTEEM: “You are awesome and amazing. Don’t ever listen to anyone who tries to contradict that statement, especially yourself!” ~ Missy Bell
- RAISING CHILDREN: “Teach your children well for someday you will need them to reteach you what you’ve forgotten.” ~ Missy Bell
- AFFIRMATION: “Today is a new day and I choose to be happy in it. I will see by the light of love, not by the spotlight others are shining upon what they want me to see. I will focus on what I can control and not stress over what I cannot. I will dance to the beat of my own drum and make beautiful music in the process. I will be who I am an only apologize when I am not. I will not worry about what others think of me as long as I am happy with my own actions. I will accept others for who they are. I will live for now but plan for a brighter tomorrow. I will not settle for by falling into false beliefs that this is as good as it gets. I will start each day accepting the day before as it was and asking myself how I can improve myself today.
- SUCCESS: “Define your success not by the success of others but by your ability to achieve the goals you have set for yourself. If you feel unsuccessful, create new goals.” ~ Missy Bell
I hope some or all of these touch your heart in some way or inspire you. Please let me know if you have a favorite!!
If you are looking for more inspiration or tips on how to add more inner peace and happiness to your life, choose something else from the categories to the right of this post. Please share anything that resonates with you.